ENVIRO’14 continues the tradition of ENVIRO conferences by showcasing the water, waste and environment industries. This conference will deliver a thought provoking business program combined with ample opportunities for networking and peer to peer discussion.
Due to their close alignment with water and waste, the energy and clean air sectors will be incorporated into the program for 2014. Intelligent integration of these four elements is seen as a critical pathway for the ongoing success of businesses in these sectors.
The conference theme, Pathways for better business, has been developed to bring business operators together with policy makers, researchers, futurists and designers to consider tomorrow’s sustainability practices, resource realignment initiatives and recycling technologies. It will explore the integration of the water, waste, clean air and energy sectors, cutting edge technologies, and the business and communication models that are required to best position all industries to profit from the opportunities of the future.
The conference will be staged over three days, from 17 to 19 September 2014 at the Adelaide Convention Centre. On the first day you will be able to take part in industry tours or professional development workshops. Days 2 and 3 will allow delegates to learn from industry experts, top researchers and senior government policy makers.
The call for papers is now open. If you are in industry or government and have a best practice example you would like to showcase, or if you are a researcher with work you would like to explore, test and obtain feedback on from your peers, then ENVIRO’14 is for you. Note papers will be peer reviewed upon request.
ENVIRO’14 will provide you with the best conference platform in Australia to reach the key influencers in waste, water, energy and clean air. With an anticipated audience of over 500 people, you will be circulating with likeminded professionals. The opportunities are endless.
Technical Program Director
CONFERENCE STREAMS AND TOPICS
We invite you to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations addressing one or more of the following themes:
- Industry best practice
- Research and development
- Materials and products
- Policy trends and forecasts
- Academic/industry linkages
- Finance and trade
- Industrial symbiosis
- Training and skills development
- Odour control and management
- Sustainable built environment
- Water/energy nexus
- Energy storage
- Energy from waste
- Future energy mix for Australia
- Materials development
- Community engagement
- Industrial waste water/liquid waste
- Recycling and resource recovery
- New technologies
- Product stewardship
- Health and safety
- Organics management
- Waste management
- Local government issues
- Food waste
These themes will be relevant across industry, and all levels of government and academia. Speakers will be sought from across these sectors.
Platform and poster papers will be published electronically and provided to all delegates and exhibitors. Both types of papers will need to be relevant, original and topical.
|Submission of abstracts
||17 February 2014
|Notice of acceptance into the program
||21 March 2014
|Preliminary program published
||30 April 2014
|Submission of final paper & presentation
||22 August 2014
PRESENTATION SELECTION PROCESS
A group of unbiased abstract reviewers will participate in the presentation selection process. Selection criteria are based on the following:
- Relationship and significance to the conference theme
- Interest of topic, especially multidisciplinary aspects
- Technical content
- Program constraints
- Potential audience appeal
All abstracts will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers for content, relevance, suitability and technical value before being accepted or declined. It is assumed the quality of the abstract is indicative of the quality of the final presentation. Presenting authors must register to attend the conference for a minimum of one full day of the conference (the day on which they are presenting, a discounted rate is offered for presenters).
Authors must be prepared to confirm the following:
- Copyright ownership of the paper
- It is their original work
- The paper has not been previously published in any form
- ENVIRO’14 will be granted permission to publish the paper
- That they agree to register and pay a discounted registration rate for at least one day of the conference
Papers containing the following will not be accepted:
- Political or religious arguments
- Libelous, defamatory or tasteless remarks
Platform and poster presentations will be given equal status at the conference. Papers of a highly technical nature or relevant to a niche market should be submitted as a poster presentation.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts must be submitted using the online submission form
- You may submit more than one abstract
- Abstracts may be amended or withdrawn
- Abstracts must be in English
- Abstracts must clearly state the objectives and outcomes of the proposed presentation
- Abstracts must be a maximum of 300 words
- The title must be clear and concise and limited to 120 characters
- There are no sub headings
- It must not contain any Microsoft Equation Objects
- Do not include images, figures or graphs
- Obtain consent from co-authors prior to submission
- Do not include author affiliations in the abstract (these will be required for the final proceedings)
- Should contain a brief introduction, methodology, results and conclusions
- References must be kept to a minimal number (these will be required for the final proceedings)
- Abstracts may appear in print as they are submitted
- Please indicate on the submission form if you would like your paper to be peer reviewed